Wednesday 16 November 2016

Web development: Best Local Web Server for Android OS users

Hello there! Good day! I'm bringing you another awesome treaty today — most especially Webmasters who are also lovers of the Android OS. Do you know you can develop your websites, both static and database-driven
ones on-the-go — just like on PC, of course this is possible, but with the right tools only.
Do you not have a PC and you do not like to be idle like myself? Or do you have something urgent that you want to test out, some codes you are inspired to write and document for later purposes? Then this is your stop, I bring to you the best local web server I have ever come across since I've been using Android OS. Don't ask me what the make of my device is though.. Smiles..

Let me take you through a short tour of some of the local web servers I have used on my Android powered phone (Snokor Rocket Z5000).

1. Palapa Web Server

You can download Palapa Web Server from Google Play Store. The one good thing I liked when using Palapa was that when I rooted my device, I was able to change the server port from 8080 to 80, which means I can do my work by myself. After successful information, you type in http://localhost:8080 to access your page.

2. PHP Runner


I almost liked this web server than the corrent one I'm using. It can be downloaded from Google Play Store
The other one I used for a day or two is the KSWeb.

Well, back to Bit Web Server.
This amazing web server offers MySQL engine as well as MySQLi at the same time, you can switch anytime you want and change the syntax of your connection.
If your device is not rooted, you access your projects via http://localhost:8080/yourprojectname on your web browser.
When your device is rooted, you can be using your phone like your PC. How? Changing the port of connection to 80 and then accessing with http://localhost/projectname

Bit Web Server uses Lighttpd instead of Apache and it supports PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin.
Try it out today and you are gonna love it.









WhatsApp/Call/SMS: 08132690608
Twitter: @iamwebwiz
Facebook: Oladejo Ezekiel

1 comment:

  1. SEO Company in India- AskandRelax is one of the best Web Development and Seo Company in India, we offer all comprehensive web development and digital marketing solutions.

    ReplyDelete

We value your comments, drop one